Re: [BRHSlist] Waycar 14700

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Waycar 14700
From: tim fleck <tf5077@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 07:20:34 -0700 (PDT)
Speaking of Waycars, Has anyone heard of any shipment
on the new printing of  the Waycars of the Chicago
Burlington & Quincy ?  Or a shipping date ? Thanks for
any info.

--- Ed Pavlovic <cbq168a@iwc.net> wrote:
> After reading the article in the last Zephyr by Dave
> Beck on
> building a model of the 14700 bay window transfer
> waycar
> from the Accurail boxcar kit and then taking a look
> at the
> drawings mentioned in the article (June 1997 RMC)
> and the
> photos and drawings in "Waycars of the Chicago
> Burlington &
> Quincy" by Holbrook and Lorenz (the original
> printing) I
> have a few questions on this unique waycar.
>
> Was the 14700 always painted mineral red while part
> of the
> CB&Q?  Did it always have the lettering style more
> commonly
> found on the waycars painted Chinese Red?  While
> Dave
> mentions in the article that the end platforms are
> covered
> with scribed siding, suggesting that the prototype
> waycar
> had wood flooring here, did the Q ever cover the end
> platforms with the steel safety tread decking like
> most if
> not all of the Q's waycars had in later years on
> their end
> platforms?  The reason that I ask is because the
> photo on
> page 84 of the waycar book by Holbrook and Lorenz
> would tend
> to suggest that the platforms may have been covered
> with
> either steel decking or thin plywood, but this may
> have been
> an addition in later years by the Q to cover
> weathered
> wooden platforms.
>
> One last question, the waycar book mentions that the
> 14700
> (11274 after the merger) was still in Hannibal,
> Missouri at
> the time of the book's writing (1978), still existed
> at that
> time.  Anyone know if it is still around or when it
> may have
> been scrapped?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Ed Pavlovic

http://search.yahoo.com

Save up to 80% on top-quality inkjet cartridges & refill kits at Myinks.com
Free shipping on orders $50 or more to the US and Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5702
http://us.click.yahoo.com/YrYXfA/AyWGAA/ySSFAA/8ZCslB/TM