Re: [BRHSlist] One more question about Paducah passenger service

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] One more question about Paducah passenger service
From: "John D. Mitchell, Jr." <cbqrr47@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2003 12:37:44 -0700 (PDT)
The coachs/waycars were spotted at Paducah Union
Station. The passengers arrived and boarded there. The
express and closed pouch mail was loaded and unloaded
there, as well. The express operation continued until
1961 or 1962. The Q owned a share of The Paducah Union
Station Company. The IC built the building and IC
employees ran the place. The others (CB&Q & NC&StL)
paid the IC for services and for their share of the
construction costs.
John
--- ic2613 <ic2613@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Many thanks for the replies to my question about
> CB&Q's passenger
> service to Paducah.  I have one more question.  In
> Paducah did
> passengers board the train at Union Station, which
> was shared by IC
> and NC&StL?  Or, since it was a mixed freight, did
> they have to go
> down to the freight yard (I believe CB&Q was using
> NC&StL's freight
> yard at 6th and Norton IIRC).
>
> Thanks again,
>
> Cliff Downey

http://sbc.yahoo.com

Buy Coral Calcium for Greater Health. 1 month supply - $23.95
(1 bottle, 90 tablets, 400mg each with Magnesium & Vitamin D)
http://www.challengerone.com/t/l.asp?cid=2805&lp=calcium2.asp
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mcIe3D/v9VGAA/ySSFAA/8ZCslB/TM