Re: [BRHSlist] Color of depot roofs

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Color of depot roofs
From: "Russell Strodtz" <vlbg@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 15:11:18 -0500
Bob,

When public agencies, (WSMTD, METRA) got involved in
suburban service many of the depots were sold or deeded to
those agencies or to the city or village where they were located.

At that point the RR no longer had any control and many were
modified to blend in with what they thought the "theme" of their
downtown area should be.  I seem to recall that Hinsdale put
some small shops in theirs.

BTW, it was said at the time that it happened, that Clarendon Hills
thought that when their new depot was finished they could replace
the Agent with a village employee and already had someone in mind.
Both the RR and the Union were able to put a stop to that.

Russ