Commercial Post - Q Connection

To: "BRHSlist" <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Commercial Post - Q Connection
From: "David Lotz" <Dave_Lotz@m...>
Date: Fri, 2 May 2003 10:09:55 -0500
Hi all!

It was great to see all those who made it to the BRHS meet in Mendota and
thanks to all who contributed to the B&MRR capital fund! The next meet Q
Connection will attend is the NMRA Mid-Continent Regional Convention May 31 and
June 1 at the Great Plains Mall Holiday Inn in Olathe, KS. Hope to see many of
you there.

In case you haven't heard, the Life Like Proto 2000 USRA 0-6-0 switchers have
arrived! I got my allotment of 3 Wednesday and they are absolutely fantastic.
One is MINE and the other two are to sell. I have one of each number for
$198.75 plus $10 shipping to the first two folks who give me a call - if there
is a bigger demand I'll try to get more, but I hear that most of them are
spoken for.

I opened the box immediately and put mine on the layout to see what she would
do. In the Burlington yard she would pull about a dozen average 40-footers, but
as in real life would only haul four to five up the 2.1% West Burlington hill.
Mine will get renumbered to 514 and get cookoo clock headlights front and rear
to reflect the unit assigned to Burlington. These are truly works of art that
have to be seen to be appreciated!

When I removed the loco from the layout I noticed there was writing under the
frame. To my surprise and delight, the gold lettering reads "This model is
dedicated to the memory of Bat Masterson" - WOW! This is the first time I've
ever seen anything like this. I know that Bat was a key player in helping bring
many, many CB&Q models to market with accurate paint and markings. This
dedication is well deserved and very appropriate and I take my hat off to the
person who thought of this, and to Life Like for following through!

I have it from a very reliable source that Railway Classics' Twin and Nebraska
Zephyrs will be coming this month. If you want one of these beauties, make your
reservations soon. Don't wait too long and miss out, you will be sorry! I also
have information that Railway Classics is going to announce the General
Pershing Zephyr and a run of the Burlington's pre-war Budd cars very soon. You
heard it here first!

I also have the following brass items that I'm offering for sale here before
putting them on Ebay:

CIL 2077.1 Pioneer Zephyr - 4-car late version (from the first run - no
interior) $1395.00 + $20 Shipping
CIL 2079.1 Texas Rocket - 9901 4-car version (from the first run - no interior)
$1395.00 + $20 Shipping
CIL 2081.1 Flying Yankee - 3-car (from the first run - no interior) $1295.00 +
$20 Shipping
Aurora Car Shops 70' Baggage/RPO unpainted $355 + $10 Shipping

Next Friday I hope to have an update on the three-window waycar kits.

All for now,

Dave Lotz
Q Connection
Phone: 314-293-1429