Re: Four questions from a new member of this chat group.....

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: Four questions from a new member of this chat group.....
From: "graywolfs2" <graywolfs2@h...>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 20:18:59 -0000
Jack,

#1. John L is corretct.....only the E-5's had B units.

#2. Mike Spoors Color Guide has 3 color photos on page 15 of the
converted troop kitchen cars. From what info I has seen and info
written here on the "List" the only color that they were painted was
green.

#3. Silver Charger... Have seen plans in Railroad Model Craftsman but
no article on scratch-building one. BRHS Bulletin #13 has the drawing
of 9908 reproduced from the RMC on page 45 (check BRHS website for
availability of #13). Model Railroader published an artilce on doing
a Pioneer Zephyr by kit-bashing using Athearn passenger car bodies.
That was a few years ago...Check the BRHS web site for "Q" related
articles (both prototype and modelling) or go to the MR web site and
check their archives. You could possibly use those (PZ) intructions
as a basis for doing the Silver Charger.

#4. Table Rock yard.....Okay listers.....who can pony up an answer to
this one????

Hope this helps.
Greg K.

--- In BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com, "jacksummerfield" <jackson@g...>
wrote:
> I'm a new member of this group, and would like someone to steer me
in
> the right direction on four requests:
> 1. I don't think the Burlington ran any E8 or E9 B units, but did
it
> run any E7 B units?
> 2. Where can I find a color photo of a rebuilt troop car in
> passenger service? Were they painted any other color than Pullman
> green? Like maybe silver??
> 3. Have plans ever been published on how to scratchbuild
the "Silver