graffiti artists

To: "BRHS group" <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: graffiti artists
From: "John A. Swearingen" <jas@s...>
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2003 21:24:42 -0500
Does anyone have a line on some of the new "Graffiti Artists"?

Last night I saw a masterpiece on ATSF 60', wide-door box car #611139 in a
Burlington freight eastbound out of Brookfield, Missouri at about 8 p.m. Itwas
a large head and shoulders portrait of a Mexican man with glowering eyes
wearing a hat and a blue shirt with four buttons. It was on the far leftof the
boxcar's side with large, very cursive, intertwined lettering immediately to
the right. To my eye the writing was indecipherable. To the immediate right of
the door itself was more writing in a different style script, but equally
unintelligible.

Will anyone shed any light on whether this is a "one of a kind" painting (this
is much, much more than scribbling) or whether one artist specializes in this
style and has done lots of them. If the latter, is this artist and graffiti
popularly known by any particular name?

John A. Swearingen