The CB&Q in Sequim, WA

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: The CB&Q in Sequim, WA
From: "Lindsay Korst" <gngoat@g...>
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2003 01:50:42 -0000
Greetings Q fans...

I am a newbie to this list. I normally hang out
on the GNGOAT page, so forgive me if this has been
discussed already.

Today, the Mrs. and I visited Sequim, WA over on
the Olympic Peninsula. Just east of town at:
http://www.redcaboosegetaway.com/
are a couple pieces of Q equipment.

One of this B&B's cabooses for rent is the former
CB&Q 13707 caboose, International, 1969 30' extended
vision, painted as BN 10017.

The item I have a question about is CB&Q #344, a
fluted, stainless steel coach. Apparently, the
B&B owners (Charlotte & Olaf Protze) bought it
from the auction when Andy's Tukwila Station
(a restaurant south of Seattle) was closed.

Can anyone tell me the history of CB&Q 344,
which train it was bought for, if it originally
had a "Silver" name, when it was built or
rebuilt?

Thanks guys and have a "Rocky" kinda week...LIN-Z

Mr. Lindsay Korst - Redmond, WA
gngoat@g... - Member GNRHS
http://www.gngoat.org - Webmaster
"See America First - Go Great Northern"