O-1A tender modifications or swaps

To: BRHSlist <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: O-1A tender modifications or swaps
From: Rob Adams <steamera@n...>
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2003 21:17:40 -0600
I recently saw an Oriental O-1A model for auction on eBay with straight
(vertical) coal bunker sides rather than the later angled bunker sides.
I own three of the Oriental models and all of them have the angled
sides. Did Oriental offer both versions of tenders, or was the model I
mentioned modified?

Since I model the mid-1930's, I'd like to find a way to equip my models
with straight-sided tenders. If any of you fellow Q modelers find
yourself in the opposite predicament, I'd be most interested in
discussing a swap with you.

The alternative is to modify the tender shells to make the bunker sides
vertical. This modification does not look trivial...have any of you
gone that route?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards, Rob Adams