Re: [BRHSlist] rail car

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] rail car
From: "Rupert and Maureen" <gamlenz@i...>
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2003 16:58:28 +1200
There is also a photo of #501 in "Diesels West" page 27, showing the unit
later in service, with headlight, horns etc., and an Iron Horse Models
advert photo of a similar unit in Narrow Gauge & Short Line Gazette Nov/Dec
1997 page 107.

Back in Novemebr, the following was posted on the List -

"I just came across an HO model of the Burlington 1922 Mack ACR Railcar in
HO guage. Bill Glick bought one on ebay and the kit makes a great looking
model. It's an exact model of #501, a photo can be found in the Corbin/Hardy
book: "The Burlington in Transition" page 123.
The model was made by Vintage Vehicles, which is going out of business.
However, they have a web site and are selling the model direct for only
$21.95, plus $5 shipping. The ones on ebay went for over $35.00 plus
shipping, the first one went for over $100.00!. It's a plastic model,
non-powered. I saw the one BillGlick just completed and boy does it look
great - a dead ringer for the 501.
So if anyone is interested, check 'em out at:
http://www.vintagevehicleshoscale.com/
You can also send them an email at: VVHOscale@y..."
I have no interest in this company. Passing this on as a help to others BRHS
members that might be interested.
By the way, in Corbin's photo, there is a radiator on the right side, the
model kit does not include a radiator so Bill made one up using what ever he
had in is parts bin.
Ray Bedard
San Jose CA

Hope this helps