Re: [BRHSlist] New to group

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] New to group
From: jkohl <jkohl@n...>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 12:43:40 -0800 (PST)
>- When was the "chinese red" paint scheme introduced?<BR>
>- What was the standard paint color for "wooden" stations?<BR>
>- I wish to model the era in H.O. when the chinese red was <BR>
>  introduced. What are some good examples of engines and freight <BR>
>  cars of this era? I'm thinking Athearn and Roundhouse.<BR>
>- If someone could send me some info on joining the BRHS I would<BR>
>  appreciate it.<BR>

Whoa! Going from a newbie to a helper! :)

1) Late fifties, can get the exact date this eve but someone will probably
beat me to it. Last one (GP9) was repainted BN green in 1976.
2) Dunno. Someone else will have to grab that one.
3) Best thing is to get a copy of Mike Spoor's CB&Q Color Guide to Passenger
& Freight (available from www.morningsunbooks.com). Gives photos, build
dates and other good info. You can also check out George's fallen flags
site http://www.rr-fallenflags.org/
4) Probably from the BRHS website (www.burlingtonroute.com)

Jan Kohl