Re: [BRHSlist] And still more railroad poetry

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] And still more railroad poetry
From: Val Nelson <super-chief-val@c...>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 13:19:44 -0600
Ok, I know that some of you are veteran railroaders, but I'm just a rail fan
and am not familiar with some of the expressions and lingo you used. Could you
please explain for the ignorant among us the following:

What does "received his time" mean?

I also assume that 'closed the gate' means he realligned the switch(s).

Also, if the track was full, how could you get another 75 cars in there?

And lastly, didn't Bill realize that he had caused a major derailment? How
could he not know???
-Val