CB&Q Ladies' Trainman Uniform

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com, Evansl@W...
Subject: CB&Q Ladies' Trainman Uniform
From: rgortowski@a...
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 21:10:51 EST
List,

Whoops! I forgot the list strips off attachments. Here is the body of
Linda's request.

Please use Reply All to answer.

Rich

I am a working member of the Illinois Railway Museum and recently was asked
to be on the Zephyr crew beginning this year.  I'm trying to find a picture
and/or description of a ladies' uniform (not Zephyrette) worn as either
trainman or conductor.  I found out that there were very few women in these
roles on the CB&Q and that the BRHS no longer has any pictures, but I was
told that some of the personnel of the BRHS may have such pictures in private
collections.

I'm contacting people in the "area" (I'm in Woodstock) in hopes that you
might have pictures or be able to point me in the right direction of where I
might get a uniform.  If worse came to worse, I know of a few people who
probably could sew one for me with a good picture and idea of fabric.

Also, I would appreciate any advice on what kind of shoes and hat were worn
and where I might find these items to purchase.  Thanks for your help.

Linda