Re: [BRHSlist] engines

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] engines
From: Scott Millick <smillick@w...>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 20:18:16 -0600
how do we know it was taken here?

At 05:11 PM 3/10/2003 +0000, you wrote:
That Q 2-10-2 rolling through Litchfield is actually a Q M4 2-10-4. BTW, I
have two Lambert and NPP HO models of the M4. These early models have a lot
of shortcomings on detail, the wrong type of drivers, and poor valve gear.
Who else made a better HO model of the Q 2-10-4s and are they available?
- John Manion
Denver, CO
railbass@a...
> From: "Scott Millick" <smillick@w...>
> Subject: [BRHSlist] engines
>

> ...[snip]...
> > After looking at the various messages I am now convinced it must have been
> > 2-10-2 The angle of the negative make it difficult to see if it was a
> > driver or pilot in the front I am now convinced that the was a CB&Q as
> was
> > told this number existed on that type of loco. Now if I can figure where
> > it was taken around here I will have it made. I will do some looking
> myself
> > as lived here during the railroad hayday of the railroad era in the
> > Litchfield area. I just did not remember any of the steam engines around
> > here having the 5 driver configuration but then too I was just a kid at
> the
> > time. Thanks to all that helped.
>
> Here is a picture of a Q 2-10-2 pulling a train through Litchfield. See it
> at:
> <http://www.rr-fallenflags.org/cbq/cbq-6313abn.jpg>http://www.rr-fallenflags.org/cbq/cbq-6313abn.jpg

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor