re: advertising

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: re: advertising
From: "Virginia Edgar" <vje68@h...>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 17:30:24 -0600
Bcc:
THe Q was running color ads in Nat. Geo., Forbes, Traffic World, Railway Age & Sat. Evening Post to name a few in the 50's/early 60's plus there are nice Budd ads in color featuring the Q. The more obscure Q ads yet most unique are in farm journals of the 50's as seldom sold @ antique shows or shops. As for that ad featuring Q rail, to my knowledge the only RR's to have rail rolled to their specific profile specs (as opposed to stock sizes) were Pennsy & the Q with the latters done @ Colorado Fuel & Iron. This per a book on rail that I have. Gerald