GP-7s - a couple of ?s

To: brhslist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: GP-7s - a couple of ?s
From: JWelther@a...
Date: Sun, 9 Mar 2003 17:23:31 EST
I'm working on a pair of Life-Like P2K GP-7's in CB&Q Grey and Black with
yellow and red striping. I have a handful of refrence photos on these engines
and noticed that in most photos the intake screens, just behind the cab, have
sheet metal over the front grate area. Anyone know the reason for this? They
evidently came from the factory this way judging by several EMD photos I've
seen.

Another item I observed is what looks something like an electrical cabinet
behind the cab on the left side. This was also on new Geeps. Anyone have an
idea as to what that was?

John Welther