Re: [BRHSlist] Re: #4-1964 Trust Plate

To: jjacobs@s..., BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Re: #4-1964 Trust Plate
From: Q5632west@a...
Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2003 22:15:00 EST
In a message dated 2/10/03 5:21:33pm, vje68@h... writes:

>Per the "64 Annual Report, I'm guessing either 86' box cars or 1 of 3 series
of 100 ton hoppers (2 covered/1 open) purchased from car builders as the 60'
RBBQ's blt that yr were blt by the Q.

In a message dated 2/11/03 9:32:26pm, jjacobs@s... writes:

>I also have on of the same plates. Mine came off a older BN covered hopper
>car that was showing it's Q colors thru the green paint.

A belated thank you to folks responding to my query about the 1964 trust
plate. Next question: Any chance the green paint on this plate is original
Q? Mine appears to be bare metal underneath, which I suppose could be the
result of BN sandblasting the car before repainting.

Regards,

Bill