Illinois Sanborn Maps

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Illinois Sanborn Maps
From: "mumpseee <eric_mumper@m...>" <eric_mumper@m...>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 21:42:48 -0000
List,
The subject of Sanborn maps has come up again. Things seem to be
getting better for finding these. Any resident of Illinois can go to
a university or college that belongs to IDAL (Illinois Digital
Academic Library) and have on-site access to any Sanborn map in the
state. This type of system probably applies to most any other state.
These collections are through the http://sanborn.umi.com web site.
The IDAL site is http://www.idal.illinois.edu and can help find
participating sites. The problem I ran into is the on-site part due
to copyright issues. Living in Texas and wanting Sanborn maps from
Illinois is problematic, but going to the BRHS spring meet will solve
that. I will be spending part of my time down the road at Illinois
Valley Community College downloading maps.

Eric Mumper