Re: [BRHSlist] Re: R, RI & StL RR - Ransom Cable

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Re: R, RI & StL RR - Ransom Cable
From: "sdwest" <sdwest@m...>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 06:55:13 -0600
Thank you, Gerald, that's good information.

As you might already know, R. R. Cable was very prominent in Rock Island, IL,
and appears to have
been the President of Rockford, Rock Island & St. Louis sometime around 1870 or
early 1870's. A
local newspaper states that he was re-elected to the presidency of R,RI&St.L in
1874. He apparently
left in a less-than-amicable fashion over not being named Receiver of the road
when it failed, and
completely "washed his hands of it" soon thereafter.

Wish I could flesh this out some more, but not a lot of information available
on this Q predecessor.

Best wishes,
Wade Calvert