Re: [BRHSlist] Did Someone Need Sanborn Maps For Illinois?

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Did Someone Need Sanborn Maps For Illinois?
From: Bill Hirt <whirt@a...>
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 07:38:11 -0600
Bill Uffelman wrote:

I would like the Naperville pdfs please.

In the Napervilel history photo book there are shots of cars in a couple
locations down near main street.

Remember there was a large lake and park on the far west end of the town.

Bill --former Naperville resident-Uffelman

You mean Centennial Beach? I used to go there as a kid. The Sanborn's show the line coming down to there and the quarry along the north side of Aurora avenue. The city hall/maintenance building used to be Bob Koehler Dodge until around 1970-1972. The Naperville Refuse Service parked their trucks across the street from the building. Until I saw the maps, I'd never known it.

Bill