Did Someone Need Sanborn Maps For Illinois?

To: brhslist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Did Someone Need Sanborn Maps For Illinois?
From: aenge89995@a...
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 23:25:32 EST
Gorup:

A while ago I recall someone on the list requesting Sanborn maps for various
locations on the CB&Q. If the individual in question would like pdf files of
any of the maps in Illinois, let me know off-list. I recently reviewed the
Sanborn maps for downtown Naperville, Illinois (c.1896) and found out just
how far the "Naperville" branch went. In fact, the branch crossed the DuPage
River just west of where Naperville City Hall is today.

Remnants of the branch exist in the form of a switch and track leading off
into a swamp just west of the West Naperville signal plant. What made the
branch so interesting is that it went right down the middle of a residential
street (Ewing) for about 2-3 blocks.

Alexander W. Engelke