Re: [BRHSlist] Local Chairmans Job ( and other non related trivia)

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Local Chairmans Job ( and other non related trivia)
From: PSHedgpeth@a...
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 16:56:08 EST
Leo

I'll be eagerly awaiting the award via Railway Express Agency...Since my dad
carried on the REA business after the demise of the Rock Port Langdon and
Northern, I have lots of memories of that organization, and a few
souvenirs...I let the station stamp (for use with sealing wax) Rock Port was
station 930K get away...actually I donated it along with quite a bit of other
stuff to the Patee House Museum in St. Joe MO.

I don't know how much interest you or others have in the REA...not REA
Express as it was known after the reorganization in the late 60's, but I have
a few stories in that regard also. One of my favorite things to do was to
help my dad seal up the remitances with the sealing wax and apply the
seal...I would then get to hand the envelope to the messenger on Trains 20-21
or 26-27...He would sign the book and return it to me.

My dad had the agency right up until the end of REA Express, whenever that
was..1970 plus minus.

Pete