Denver Public Library, continued.

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Denver Public Library, continued.
From: "wollffee <wolfee@o...>" <wolfee@o...>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 16:57:08 -0000
If you are in the area, it is probably worth stopping in to go
through the things they haven't put on the net yet. I called ahead
and the librarian pulled out boxes of photos that met my search
criteria and had them waiting for me. You have to wear cotton gloves
and a guard watches your every move, but it is free to look.
However, I found one treasure that I just had to have and they
charged me $15 to scan it on a DVD. It was an 8X10 Kodachrome (the
slide itself was 8"X10",large format camera) of the interior view
of "Castle Gate" lounge-buffet car for the D&RGW Prospector, taken
when new in 1950. The library is located at Colfax and Broadway,
just south of downtown Denver.