Re: [BRHSlist] Railway Classics (formerly Shoreham Shops) question

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Railway Classics (formerly Shoreham Shops) question
From: "Charlie Vlk" <cvlk@a...>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 11:07:30 -0600
The MicroTrains truck mounted coupler would require major surgery to get the
coupler draft gear, steam and brake pipes, etc. clear to swing.
I have not been able to get couplers on mine yet... they are set up for body
mounts but IIRC the 1023's don't work very well. The cars are kind of tippy
on the trucks. I would use Kato skirted trucks (the rear truck from the
business car) with new NWSL or ConCor Wheelsets and figure out a way of body
mounting the couplers....maybe using Z Scale couplers.
Charlie