Re: [BRHSlist] East End Interlocking Towers

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] East End Interlocking Towers
From: "Charlie Vlk" <cvlk@a...>
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 09:42:05 -0600
Robey Street was changed to Damen Avenue.
Robey Street bisects about the middle of the Western Avenue yard. The B&O
engine terminal to the north was still known as Robey Street well after the
name change.
I don't know about the tower names but 16th and Canal street may have been
prior to the Chicago River Straightening project when the St.Charles Air
Line crossed the Q and the PRR at grade....I don't recall seeing a tower in
photos per se but there was a station-like building at the diamonds.
Charlie