Prague, was Re: Lines west depots

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Prague, was Re: Lines west depots
From: Randy Gordon-Gilmore <zephyrus@r...>
Date: Thu, 06 Feb 2003 23:21:29 -0800
Thank you Dave, Jonathan, John, drale99(you know who you are, but I don't
because you don't sign your emails!) and Rick for your replies. I have
"Hub of Lines West" and did some looking and see what you mean.

I'm a Lincoln native, away from Nebraska for 22+ years, and only personally
familiar with the Lincoln, Ashland and Wahoo depots. The Wahoo depot looks
similar, but not quite, to the Swanton depot which Al calls out
specifically as "saltbox".

The Prague depot looks identical to the picture of Swanton, and has the
added benefit of being on an Ashland-based brachline (my ultimate goal is
to model Ashland, to me the ultimate in modeling subjects--on the
Denver-Chicago mainline, several braching lines, nice yard with local
industries, etc. etc.)

I echo the desire for a source of drawings. Does the Society posess a set
of the Q depot drawings?

The Prague picture in "Hub" shows a squat wooden water tank and a Railroad
Eclipse windmill. I'm kinda-sorta thinking about how to do an Eclipse,
prompted by a request by Bill Glick, so that would fit in nicely (though at
this point it seems to involve photoetching and some fine soldering...)

Best regards,

Randy

zephyrus@r... http://www.prototrains.com