Re: [BRHSlist] Digest Number 1578

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Digest Number 1578
From: "Russell Strodtz" <vlbg@e...>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 09:49:32 -0600
Bill,

That may be an interesting question. AFIK the FRA does not recognize
whistling restrictions as valid Railroad Operating practices.

For example La Crosse actually did pass an ordinance but the BN did
not observe it and I doubt the BNSF has.

>From my point of view in a legal sense the municipality involved would
be culpable here and the railroad should just wash their hands of it.

Russ