Re: [BRHSlist] TCZ stops @ LaCrosse

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] TCZ stops @ LaCrosse
From: SilvrDome@a...
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 22:00:02 EST
Gerald,

While it's not considered California Rapid Transit, our Amtrak "Captitol"
service is booming. We have just added a new round trip between Sacramento
and Oakland bringing the total to 11 daily.

I wish the station facility at La Crosse could have made the transition
between the Burlington era and the current Amtrak operation. We tend to
remember the good ole days, and forget the anti-passenger actions, of today's
freight operators ( the former-SP especially.)

Here in Sacramento, the Southern Pacific would have been so angry at what has
emerged. Frequent, fast, comfortable, reliable passenger service between the
San Joaquin Valley and the Bay Area. Who knew? Not the Southern Pacific.

I'm positive the current Burlington Northern Santa Fe has a new outlook on
the potential of passenger service, whether it be commuter or Amtrak service.
We have a brighter future.

Hubert