Re: [BRHSlist] Re: Peoria Sub traffic data, questions, etc.

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Re: Peoria Sub traffic data, questions, etc.
From: David P Jordan <dpj1974@j...>
Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2003 23:44:42 -0600
George wrote,

> Pretty good chance that the car frames were handed off to the Wabash
>
> and then to ATSF, or possably MOPAC and then ATSF to the So. Calif.
>
> auto factories.

Well, this traffic was taken to East Peoria by the Peoria & Eastern then
interchanged to somebody there. MoPac never served Peoria so the only
possible connections to the west would be Burlington, Rock Island,
Chicago & Northwestern and or a joint TP&W-Santa Fe (via Lomax) to some
point west. Obviously, whoever forwarded it west from Peoria gave it to
another railroad before ending up on the Southern Pacific for final
delivery. I know C&NW didn't handle this traffic and TP&W-Santa Fe then
to Southern Pacific is possible but a little awkward. What I mainly need
to know is if anyone remembers the Q handling similar traffic.

Thanks,

David P.ordan
Peoria, Illinois

Only $9.95 per month!