caller

To: brhslist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: caller
From: qutlx1@a...
Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2003 21:36:56 EST
I played "caller" one afternoon in the late 70's(78 or 79) when the BRAC
strike was on. The dinkie crews had worked the morning rush and D.H'd home
when the strike hit. None knew when,how,what was next.About 1:00Pm the stirke
was settled and now all the D.H.'s were needed back in Chicago for the
evening rush and all were concerned whether they would learn of the
settlement in time. So.......... old Jake was punching #s as fast as he could
and being on the site and Vice Chrnn of the trainman I picked up a phone and
startted calling crews to catch the 2:05. Never did hear if I got timeslipped
or not?
Leo