[BRHSlist] Pocket Knives, was: Re: Troop Trains on the Q

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [BRHSlist] Pocket Knives, was: Re: Troop Trains on the Q
From: "Mike Decker" <mdecker@g...>
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2003 08:28:55 -0700
Hi Pete:

A few years ago, we were out to Connecticut for a nephew's wedding. Some of
us "guys" were sitting around the picnic table at his folks house.
Something came up that looked like it required the precise application of a
cutting tool....."what are we going to do?" say the "kids". Well....his
Uncle from Northern Wisc., and his Uncle from South Dakota (ex of central
Wisc.), reach into our pockets and come up with our pocket knives. You'd
have thought we were about to swing a machete at them...."WHAT are you doing
with those in your pockets?" Our response was, "doesn't everybody carry a
pocket knife?" I guess not. Out here on the ex-Alliance Div., most knives
carried run right up against the Company's "weapons" policy :>)

Best,

Mike Decker