Re: [BRHSlist] Correct Lettering for Zephyr Streamline Passenger Cars?

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Correct Lettering for Zephyr Streamline Passenger Cars?
From: "Charlie Vlk" <cvlk@a...>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 10:14:13 -0600
I did the artwork for the Kato N Scale cars.....to my knowledge, the
lettering was correct.
There may be some minor differences between the MicroScale decals and the
Kato car printing (pressure of the "hits" resulting in different weight
strokes, etc.) but I matched the spacing of the letters and the length of
the BURLINGTON and car names to the prototype as much as possible.
I traced the BUDD font from CB&Q drawings and provided same to Marshall
Thayer to accompany the drawings of the Pioneer Zephyr in RMC back in the
dark ages. That alphabet may have become the basis for the MicroScale fonts
and Ben Coifmann's (sp?) digitized fonts.... I have not checked them out to
see how they compare to the originals.
Don't go crazy trying to make up correct cars for either the CZ or TCZ.....
there are some plans underway that may result in such cars becoming
available within the next couple of years.
Charlie