RE: [BRHSlist] Locomotive poll

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: RE: [BRHSlist] Locomotive poll
From: "Dan Almosnino" <danalm@w...>
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 14:22:30 -0800
The C&S ran SD40's in Chinese Red.

Dan

-----Original Message-----
From: Val Nelson [mailto:super-chief-val@c...]
Sent: Wednesday, January 15, 2003 12:37 PM
To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com

Hi all,

It's hard for me to nail down a specific locomotive (diesel) as I like
several. However, the ones I truly like were/are made by EMD. I don't
really like anything GE, Baldwin, Alco, etc. ever made (with the
exception of
the Alco PA/B's) -- it's just a personal preference of mine. In spite
of
that, however, I have several GE's on my layout just because Santa Fe
owned
them.

Having said that, here are my favorite locomotives:

Passenger - E9 (CB&Q) and E8m (Santa Fe Warbonnet)
first-gen diesel 4-axle - GP-20 and GP-30 (either CB&Q or Santa Fe
pin-stripe)
First-gen diesel 6-axle - SD45/F45/FP45 (Santa Fe pin-strip and/or
Warbonnet)

Second-gen diese 4-axle - GP60M/B Warbonnets
Second-gen diesel 6-axle - SD40-2 (would loved to have seen one in
Chinese
Red)
Modern-day diesel - SD75M (Santa Fe) (I wonder how the Q might have
painted
up one of these?)

My Favorite Steam - Baldwin 4-8-4 Northern as built for AT&SF

What can I say? I love Santa Fe. However, the Burlington runs a very
close
second. How ironic that the two would one day be merged (much to my
shagrin).

Well, I'm sure that this will put some fuel on the fire. Enjoy!

Val Nelson
Omaha

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=243066.2826855.4185932.1927555/D=egroupweb/S=1706