Re: [BRHSlist] Locomotive poll

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Locomotive poll
From: "Floiran" <florian@v...>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 05:45:39 +0100
Hi friends,

The poll about favorite diesels braught me to think a bit deeper about a
very
good question: Why do we like or dislike a certain type of locomotive?

My personal answer is simple - first we should have a closer look on us
railroad fans
and we will discover that 99% of us are male. And what do we boys do all the
time?
Right, we fall in love! And we can't always tell why it happens.
Yes. in that respect Locomotives and Women have a lot in common.
Those of you who think now that I speak about women in a disparaging manner
by
comparing them with a diesel engine of the 50's, I have to ensure you that I
don't mean it
that way. No diesel in the world could ever replace my wife! But there is at
least one little
advantage about loving engines: You can have as many as you want at the same
time.

And there is the phenomenon of love on second sight - when I first saw the
F-3's in their
unique CB&Q passenger sceme I had not a lot of sympathy for them and now I
like these a lot.
However I still don't like any shovelnoses, maybe we would not make a good
couple! <g>

Bye, Florian G.