more questions - Burlington Route tender logo and steam locomotive assig

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: more questions - Burlington Route tender logo and steam locomotive assignments
From: "Jan Kohl" <jkohl@n...>
Date: Wed, 1 Jan 2003 08:03:26 -0500
Thanks for answering my questions about the final red CB&Q locomotive. I really
appreciate this group, I've there's more knowledge about the old "Q" here than
you can shake a stick at. Please forgive me if these questions have been asked
before, I've tried going back in the message archive, but Yahoo does not have
it set up to be very searchable.

I've got the book "Steam Locomotives of the Burlington Route", and have a
question about that. For example, 4-8-2 #7015 was listed with the Chicago
division, would it have ever seen service running the route south of Hannibal
(or anywhere else)? I know that modern locomotives may journey all over the
country, did the older ones?

Does anyone know a good location to pick up older Burlington and Burlington
Northern documents that have things such as freight consists and such? I missed
several good auctions on ebay that I'm kicking myself for now...

Question about the Burlington Route sign on tenders. I notice that there are
several designs for that loco, one a larger red-outlined sign, the other a
slightly smaller white dotted outline. I think there is also a white solid
outline. What is the key to those logos...is one later than the others, and it
appears from what I've seen that you could easily find two of them side by
side...did they phase out one at any point in time?

Cheers!

Jan