Re: [BRHSlist] Lifelike Automobile Cars

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Lifelike Automobile Cars
From: Ken Martin <kmartin@c...>
Date: Sun, 29 Dec 2002 21:01:14 -0800

Rick Keil wrote:

> Good evening all.
>
> My wife got me a lifelike 50' Auto Box for Christmas. Looking in Mike
> Spoor's Color Guide, I was unable to find any reference to its series. The
> car is numbered 48538 and is Chinese Red and it has the end doors. Did the
> Q have any cars of this design? If so, were the first numbers dropped (i.e.
> take the 4 off the 48538) like the series of auto cars in the series
> surrounding it. Thanks
>
> Rick Keil
> Omah, NE
>

>From the 1956 folio book: cars 48500-48599 class XA-15B were built in
Havelock in 1941 and were equiped with end doors. There was at least one
that got Chinese red paint as I saw it on the ground in Nebraska.

Cars 48000-48224 class XA-15A were also built in Havelock in 1941 but
had no end door.
Cars 49000-49674 class XA-15A were built at Havelock in 1944 and also
had no end door.

The Life-Like cars are close to the Q design.

Ken Martin