Re: [BRHSlist] Savanna Pushers

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Savanna Pushers
From: "John D. Mitchell, Jr." <cbqrr47@y...>
Date: Sun, 29 Dec 2002 19:54:04 -0800 (PST)
Leo
Remember that SWITCHING limits and yard limits are not
always the same thing. The 1925 switching agreement
set three categories of switching limit to divide yard
and road service. They were: General Switching Limits,
Pulling and Pushing Limits and Industrial Switching
Limits. At Savanna they were as follows:
General Switching Limits:
North; North switch at North crossover at passenger
Station.
East; Home signal east of crossover at Savanna Yard
Tower.
Pulling and Pushing Limits:
East ; East yard limit board 592 east of Mile Post
143.
Industrial Switching Limits:
South; 4000 feet south of General Switching Limits on
the Galesburg Line.
Note: Pulling and Pushing Limits generally applied
only at points where switch engines routinely "helped"
road trains.
John