Q Officers

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Q Officers
From: William Barber <clipperw@E...>
Date: Sat, 28 Dec 2002 09:19:43 -0600
Does anyone on the list have a reference that would show the officers on the Q during the late 1800s, say between 1880 and 1900? I have been told by family members that my great grandfather on my grandmother's side, was an officer on the Q during that time period, possibly chief auditor. His name was Hubert D. Wyllie.

In my grandmother's keepsakes, we have found several items relating to the railroad. Among them were unused multiple ride commuter tickets from around the 1880s and numerous passes for the family on the Q and other RRs. They frequently traveled to southern California to visit family members living there. My grandmother's childhood home was in Downers Grove on Gilbert Ave. backing up to the tracks on the south side about where Carpenter St. intersects. I have several photos taken in the backyard which show the tracks in the background. One has a locomotive streaking by (the locomotive is blurred), and appears to be a K, H or R class. I don't know the specific date. The home is still standing the last time I was in DG.

Bill Barber