RE: Beaconsfield

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: RE: Beaconsfield
From: "Doug Harding" <dharding@c...>
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 22:44:56 -0600
Sorry Nick, I get the daily summary, and did not see your question until
today and did not have time to answer until now. I do know the answer,
HyVee. For anyone who wishes to know, the original "Hy-Vee" building
still stands in downtown Beaconsfield on the SE corner across from the
Methodist Church (where I was once the pastor). The building is now the
Beaconsfield museum, and last I knew tours could be arranged. The
historian, Doris, provide the Grand River photo's in Corbin's book on
the K&W across Iowa. 15 years ago the HyVee building was a beautiful
weather beaten gray wood frame building with some store front windows.
The town is quite proud of it's heritage and even got some funds from
HyVee to maintain the building. As a side note, in another church I
served after Beaconsfield ,Vredenberg's granddaughter was a member.

Doug Harding
Iowa Central Railroad
www.cal-net.net/~dharding/ <http://www.cal-net.net/~dharding/>