Re: [BRHSlist] Villisca Depot was ( SW Iowa Packing Plants)

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Villisca Depot was ( SW Iowa Packing Plants)
From: PSHedgpeth@a...
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 10:28:30 EST
George

The depot at Villlisca was a straight passenger depot, of course it had a
baggage room..The freight house was about 1 block east of the depot, just
east of the street underpass On the north side of the main tracks...I think
the foundations are still there...

At Villisca there was a water tank south of the main track about across from
where the freight house stood. A standpipe served the main line tracks.

At Red Oak the RH and turntable was on the lower level on the branch going
north toward Griswold. Some Burlington Bulletin's especially the on with my
all time favorite article OS CRESTON in it It may be No. 23 have quite a few
Red Oak photos....It's also the one with TRAINS OF THE GODS AND GODDESSES
feature...I have the issue, but it's not here where my computer is. Check
and see if it's available from the Company store.

I'll get the photos dug out, but I can't give you a definite time...I'm
reorganizing my stuff and it's spread out all over one room....Feel free to
harrass me on this if you want to.

Pete