Re: [BRHSlist] SW Iowa Packing Plants

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] SW Iowa Packing Plants
From: Bill Hirt <whirt@a...>
Date: Sun, 08 Dec 2002 16:03:13 -0600
George,

The plant at Bedford was a Cudahy plant. It is referenced in the Ottumwa Division employee timetables in the late 50's and early 60's.

I have the Red Oak Sanborn maps from the late 1920's. There is a Baxter Slaughter House shown (a rather small facility), but is not shown directly adjacent to Q trackage.

Wish I could be of more assistance.

Bill

G. Walls wrote:

Hi Folks,
I am doing some research on packing plants in the areas of Bedford and Red Oak, Iowa. I have found on some of the older maps of the Q, that these plants were probably served by the Burlington. Can someone till me what were thje names of these plants, when they were in business,and what trains, equipment was in use at this time?
What other online traffic was generated on the Creston Div?

Thanks,
George