Re: [BRHSlist] Pop Quiz

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Pop Quiz
From: bradslaney@w...
Date: Sun, 8 Dec 2002 08:19:41 -0800
I rode the SP&S 700 trip in October and had the opportunity to talk with Bob
Downing about the corporate entities forming BN. One of the benefits was
learning the ownership of the CB&Q stock not owned by GN and NP. This is
the breakdown:

1/3 First National Bank of Chicago

1/3 West Publishing

1/3 Publicly held (Small 5, 10 and 20 share lots for the most part).

The West Publishing holding was surprising to me. There might be a story
there.

I also learned from Bob that it was relatively easy to obtain CB&Q stock
even though it was not listed on any exchange. The brokers in Chicago made
a small market among themselves, so if you wanted 5 or 10 shares, it was not
too difficult obtain.

BRAD