Re: [BRHSlist] Walthers Observation Cars

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Walthers Observation Cars
From: "Charlie Vlk" <cvlk@a...>
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2002 20:15:36 -0600
The nearest match to a CB&Q car would be the two observations built for the
Texas Zephyr...SIlver Bowl and Silver Tray.
Obsevation cars are the most custom of any of the Budd cars with no two
batches alike between railroads...even the Q had very different types... the
prewar center entrance cars for Silver Streak, General Pershing and pool
service, the mentioned Texas Zephyr cars, then the Twin Cities Zephyr, Cal
Zephyr, Denver Zephyr, and Kansas City Zephyr cars (all the postwar cars
with domes). I of course do not count the cars built for the articulated
trainsets which did not run in pool service.
On a releated note, I am hearing that a major manufacturer is about to make
CB&Q modelers very happy (and broke!) in the not too distant future in the
passenger car department....and no, it is not the company that invented new
colors for the North Coast Limited paint scheme.
Charlie