Re: [BRHSlist] Fw: Pictures of Train - Whatchamacallit

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Fw: Pictures of Train - Whatchamacallit
From: cy svobodny <ctsvobodny@y...>
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2002 16:28:19 -0800 (PST)
didn't see pictures(don't know what happened to them).
but discription sound like a conductor "Cash Fare"
ticket. still used today at unstaffed stations of
partially staffed(during some but not all trains). as
example Minot, ND is open mo-fr for westbound Empire
Builder only. eastbound and weekends, holidays, sick
days and vacations, the station is opened by a
caretaker (unlock,lock, and minimum cleaning). no
ticket sales, baggage, or express handeling. this
discribes many stations since last March first.