Fw: Pictures of Train - Whatchamacallit

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Fw: Pictures of Train - Whatchamacallit
From: "Brian Johnson" <bajohns@c...>
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2002 12:47:56 -0600
CAN ANYONE HELP ME TELL MY FRIEND AT WORK WHAT THIS ITEM IS? IS IT SOMETHING
THE AGENT HAD AT THE DEPOT OR WAS IT SOMETHING THE CONDUCTOR HAD?

I KNOW IT IS FRISCO, BUT I AM ONE OF THE FEW BURLINGTON COLLECTABLE/MODELERS IN
THIS AREA AND IT'S IN OLD FRISCO TERRITORY.

ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED.

Subject: Pictures of Train - Whatchamacallit

Hey Brian -
Well, I got the item from my Mom's while eating turkey dinner. Here are some
pics of it!! Tell me what it is, and what it's worth if you can. There are 4
sheets of paper in it...you can see one in the front view here....In the top
right corner of the sheets, it says "Auditor's Stub of Cash Fare Receipt" in a
box it says "If half fare o Punch here". The title on the top says "St. Louis -
San Francisco Railway Co. Not good for Passage".

On the back of the metal piece (you can kind of see it in pic 4), it says
"Joslin's Patents. // Feb. 2, 1892 Jan. 28, 1896 // To be used only with
tickets supplied by patentee's agents."

What do you think? What exactly is it? I am assuming it has to do with taking
tickets on a passenger train, but that is all I can think of. Do you know?

Also, Pic 5 is of a framed photo of probably one of the trains that my great
Grandpa worked on. As you can see, the date is 9-3-43. Pretty old pic. It was
on the wall of my Grandmother's washroom. Worth anything?

We are also going to sell my dad's old train set. It has some pretty good
stuff, and my mom had it appraised by one of her friends. If you want pics, I
can send some when I get them done. We are going to try and get about $500
based on what we were told the stuff was worth. There are some cool pieces to
it.

Anyway, thanks buddy, see you at work!!
Shannon