predecessor roads of the K-line

To: "BRHSlist" <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: predecessor roads of the K-line
From: "Duncan Cameron" <d.cameron@s...>
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2002 08:18:48 -0500
This is addressed to Mike Spoor in particular, and every one else in general.

Mike, in first part of your CB&Q vol 3, you talk about the history of the
K-line, and state (I don't have the book in front of me) that the K-line was
formed through a series of acquisitions and mergers from nineteen(?) different
roads. Is there any chance you have the full information on that (ie. the
different railroads, the years of acquisition or merger, sources, etc). I'd
like to develop a complete ancestral tree of the K-line (and ultimately of the
other railroads passing through Keokuk).

Anyone else with information feel free to join in. I'll post what I've got when
I've got the time to type out my notes.

Duncan Cameron