Re: [BRHSlist] Re: Chicago After Dark

To: kmartin@c..., BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Re: Chicago After Dark
From: Q5632west@a...
Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2002 11:09:34 EST
In a message dated 10/31/02 11:32:57pm, kmartin@c... writes:

<< but if he changed something that got him fired it was probably the last
word. >>

My hazy recollection is Biondi got fired after telling an off-color joke on
the air about his girlfriend being a witch: "I whispered in her ear, and she
turned into a motel." Pretty racy for the 1960s, no? Wouldn't raise an
eyebrow today.

Note this thread reads more like a genealogy list I subscribe to except
people there are waxing nostalgic and at length about The Shadow and similar
pre-TV entertainment dating to the 1930s.

Bill