Re: Shovel Nose Diesels on Heavyweights.

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: Shovel Nose Diesels on Heavyweights.
From: Denny Anspach <danspach@m...>
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 09:47:02 -0700
At least some of these locomotives were used for a time on the Chicago suburban trains. I used to marvel at the sight of one of these sleek silver locomotives pulling up to a stop just short of the Riverside Drive crossing at the head end of a short string of anything-but-sleek open platform coaches.

Do I recall the locomotive names or the exact years (c. 1948-1951)? I do not.

Denny
--
Denny S. Anspach, MD
Sacramento, CA