Re: [BRHSlist] Re: Tunnel at East Dubuque

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Re: Tunnel at East Dubuque
From: "Norm_Andersen" <Norm_Andersen@m...>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2002 12:10:31 -0400
During the early '60's when we'd run a steam excursion to Dubuque one of the
trip highlights was always going through the East Dubuque tunnel and of course
crossing the Mississippi River.

As I recall the train just bearly crept through the tunnel. In addition to the
Q and IC, the Chicago Great Western also used the tunnel and bridge.

On regular passenger trains in the '60's I can never remember getting stuck
around East Dubuque for either CGW or IC traffic. On a few occasions I saw
waiting CGW westbound trains down the line on the eastside but not often.

Norm Andersen