Bulletin #41 & Buda Depot

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Bulletin #41 & Buda Depot
From: "Russell Strodtz" <vlbg@e...>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 15:22:07 -0500
Some time ago I discussed what could be seen in the photo
of the Operator's work area at the Buda depot.

Was asked for documentation of the Timetable Instructions
that I quoted. That makes sense.

Problem is that timetables are miserable to scan because
the do not follow the standard letter size format. I had
done some cut and paste but I did not like the results nor
the expenditure of time so I just held off on that issue.

Recently was able to find a large format scanner at a
reasonable price so that situation has changed. First one
I picked was the one that I had looked at when I wrote the
little Buda piece. Also had to tackle the concept of putting
a 32 page document on the Web. I used thumbnails and I think
that the concept will be easy to use.

When you click on a thumbnail and see the full image it will
probably be too small to easily read. Not to worry. If you
put the mouse arrow in the lower right hand corner of the
image a little icon will appear that will enlarge the image.
This is pretty much a standard Internet convention now and
FrontPage does it automatically. Makes the images load faster.

If this does not work for everyone then I need to know now
before I create a lot more pages. I'm old, and farsighted too.

The instructions that are of interest are on page 29.

URL is: http://www.thevlbg.com/Secure/Timetables/TheVLBG_6101.htm

If you have not registered at my site the user name: "brhs"
and password: "timetable" will work but I'll take those out
after the 20th.

Already have a couple of other timetables scanned but I think
I'll do a rulebook next.

Russ