Re: [BRHSlist] Re: Parlor car

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Re: Parlor car
From: bradslaney@w...
Date: Sat, 12 Oct 2002 06:18:40 -0700
Greg,

The flat top parlor cars were used infrequently, usually for groups. When
used, they were usually placed directly ahead of the regular parlor car, the
last car of the train. I remember one of the cars being deadheaded in 1958
to Seattle, being loaned to either the GN or NP for their Seattle/Portland
service. I don't recall ever seeing these cars in regular service, although
some timetables show them in the TCZ consist. If they were ever used in the
regular consist, it wasn't for very long. The Q had to pay Chicago Union
Station Company $10 for every car operated in the station and the regular
parlor car was seldom filled to capacity. Consequently the flat tops saw
little use.

BRAD